Thursday, December 22, 2011

Give a Gift..

When everyone thinks of the holidays they always think about material gifts. Whats the new electronic device out? Whats the nicest pair of shoes/boots? Whats this? Whats that? How do I know this? Well, because I'm one of them! Haha! This year is different though. Instead of spending all my money on gifts for all relatives and people I know. I told them that their gift will be a favor. It doesn't have to be now or tomorrow. It doesn't even have to be this year. But when ever you need a hand with anything. I'm there. Of course this doesn't work with my kids, because that's what fathers are for any way. My kids have been blessed every year during the holidays and as long as God allows it, they will continue too. This year, before the year ends, I would like to get to a shelter of some kind and help out. Even a local YMCA and help out with any needs they need. A gift doesn't have to be anything materialistic to mean something. A gift is something you give from the heart. Something that you sat down and thought about it. Something that when you give it to that person, they will have that look on their face. You know the look I'm talking about. The look that cancels all your bad feelings you might be going through. All the feelings of doubt you might have for that day. A gift can be anything. One of my favorite gifts is writing a list of gratitude towards a special someone. Telling them how much they truly mean to me. I wrote my fiance a poem last year, and also got her something, but the poem is what struck her as awesome. So, this year, before its over, do something for someone. Give someone a gift that you can't buy at a store. Go out of your way for someone. Make someone feel that they are number one in your book. Let me know some of the Gifts you will be giving. Thanks! Stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment